Policy 39: Denial/Suspension/Revocation of Certification and/or Denial of Recertification
The certification of an individual may be denied, suspended or revoked, or recertification denied by NICET as a result of:
- Conviction of a felony.
- Conviction of a crime (felony or misdemeanor) that is drug related.
- Any unethical behavior or conduct which threatens or potentially threatens the overall health, well-being, and safety of the public.
- Denial, suspension, revocation, or restriction of registration or licensure, consent order or other restriction by any federal, state or local engineering/technology licensing board.
- Admission to misconduct or violation of regulations of any federal, state or local engineering/technology licensing board.
- Documented material deficiency in the knowledge base necessary to maintain a NICET certification.
- Documented and proven gross negligence or intentional misconduct in the performance of duties.
- Failure to cooperate during an investigation.
- Compromised and/or breached the security or administration of a NICET examination or other NICET intellectual property, or failure to report such activity.
- Irregularity in taking, cheating on, or failing to abide by the rules regarding confidentiality of a NICET examination (including post-examination conduct.)
- Making false or misleading statements in application for certification or recertification.
NOTE: NICET reserves the right to investigate criminal background, verify candidate eligibility and deny certification to any individual.